Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hercules Beetle Matte Paintings

Daglas BUG School Branch

Daglas BUG School Volcano Scene

The Hercules Beetle was my choice when I heard that our new assignment was to sculpt a lifelike bug in Zbrush it had to be realistic in form but its origins could be alien in nature if you choose so , many of my classmates stuck to the alien renditions . I decided to stick with what's on planet Earth so could incorporate a proper environment for the giant beetles , I wanted to demonstrate the power of a proper environment versus just a highly advanced sculpted model in Zbrush , my skills are not quite up to par in Zbrush yet ! Hey I am just a old school hard surface guy trying to learn something new . Three weeks of post production in Photoshop and Painter for final the result .

No comments:

Post a Comment